How does a subscriber trigger a medical or armed response panic?
- Requesting assistance from EMRO responders is quick
Launch the EMRO app
Press on the panic button
Medical response or Armed response
You will get a confirmation that a panic has been registered.
You will be asked to confirm the panic
Click on “Next” and a short video will be immediately recorded for your responders to see what’s happening
You will be able to track the arrival of the response team on the map.
If you triggered a medical response, the response team will take you to the nearest partner hospital and you will enjoy an insurance
cover for 72 hours (3 days).
If you triggered an armed response, the
response team will come to intervene
If you have enabled the “notify” feature, your emergency contacts will be notified. If they have installed the EMRO app, they will be able to track your movement during a panic.
What is Emro?
- Emro is a mobile and web application that provides subscribers with access to medical and security emergency response services. The services paid subscribers subscribe to are: safety monitor, armed response and medical response. Other services subscribers benefit from include; danger zone classification, service area alert, newsletters and daily tips
How do you trigger a safety monitor panic?
- Launch the EMRO app
Press on the panic button
Click on “Safety Monitor”
You will get a confirmation a panic has been
Click on “Next” and a short video will be
immediately recorded for your responders to see what’s happening
If you have enabled the “notify” feature, your
emergency contacts will be notified. If they have installed the EMRO app they
will be able to track your movement during a panic.
How do you cancel a panic?
- You can cancel a panic from the side or main menu
From the main menu, click the red panic button
and then click on “cancel panic”
From the side menu, click on “Panic” and then click
Note: If the cancellation does not occur within 5
minutes of the panic. The panic will count against your allowable quota. You
are allowed xxx panics in a year.
What are the method of payments accepted?
- All major credit cards are accepted for EMRO subscriptions. We are currently working on other payment channels.
What is a safety monitor?
- A safety monitor is a free service to keep you and your close ones safe. The safety monitor allows you to notify your emergency contacts of your location during an emergency situation.
Once you press the panic button and choose “Safety Monitor”, EMRO uses your phone sensors to record vital information such as pictures, video, voice, and location via GPS. The recorded media is then shared via a secure link with your emergency contacts. The data is shared for a limited amount of time and then destroyed.
How many times can a paid subscriber panic in a month?
- A paid subscriber can panic once in a quarter.
If I’m an armed response subscriber and I panic for armed response but also require medical emergency response, will I still get the service?
- Yes, you will get the service but you will be required to pay a one-off fee of N75, 000 for the armed response
Can I pay for a friend?
- Yes, you can pay for a friend. The subscriber (friend) will select the ‘pay for me’ option in the app and enter your name and email address. You will receive a link from Emro where you will be asked to enter the relevant details and pay on behalf of your friend.
If a paid subscriber misses payment for a month, will such a subscriber still be serviced?
- Yes, but the service will attract a one-off fee OF N75, 000
What are EMRO medical and armed response?
- Armed response service - This service dispatches an emergency
armed response to your location as soon as you hit the panic button, provided
you are in the covered territory. The dispatched team comprises of 1
commander, 1 driver and 2 armed police officers. At least one person is CPR/ first
Medical response service - This service dispatches emergency medical response to your location as soon as you hit the panic button, provided you are in the covered territory. The team that is dispatched comprises of 1 driver, 1 first responder and 2 medical doctors.
Subscribers to these services can also dial the EMRO
emergency short-code and talk to medical and security professionals.
EMRO emergency response services are available only
in Lagos state, Nigeria. We are expanding to other major cities in the
country by the end of 2017.
If I want to opt out of a subscription plan midway, do I get a refund?
- No, subscriptions are non-refundable
Can I transfer my subscription payment to another person?
- No, subscriptions are not transferrable
How can I subscribe to the services Emro provides if I don’t have a smartphone?
- Call our customer care; 0700 000 3390 to find out how to subscribe offline
Whos is an Emro agent?
- An Emro agent is anyone who registers on the Emro agent mobile/web app, to market Emro to individuals/organisations. An agent earns 4% commission on subscription revenue from individuals they have referred to sign up to Emro.
A super agent is any individual or organization that has referred more than one individual/ organisation to become agents under him/her. A super agent earns 1% commission on subscription revenue from individuals the agents under them have referred to sign up to Emro
How to share the Emro app
- An agent can invite person(s) by using his/her unique URL link in invitation messages sent through email or by inviting persons enlisted in their contact through ‘Emro buddies’ in the app
How to panic (Online & Offline)
1. Subscriber opens the app and is taken to the home screen
2. Subscriber clicks the icon tagged ‘PANIC’ and selects the type of service needed from the three panic option displayed – safety monitor, armed response and medical response
3. The emergency contact centre (ECC) is immediately alerted and they confirm authenticity of the panic by making a phone call to the subscriber. Then the command centre dispatches a response team to attend to panic
1. When there is a panic, subscriber dials 07000001190
2. The ECC receives this call, confirms the subscriber’s subscription status and location after which the contact centre contacts the nearest emergency response team and dispatches them to attend to panic